The Center for Integrative Medicine (CIM) and Bend Regenerative Medicine (BRM) are committed to the health and safety of our patients and we are closely monitoring the outbreak of the illness caused by coronavirus (COVID-19). The situation and recommended precautions are rapidly evolving, but as of today we remain open with the following restrictions.
Here are a few of the actions we have taken in the last few weeks, and are continuing to strictly enforce:
- Whenever possible we are encouraging telephone or telemedicine appointments.
- Patients entering the building are being screened for COVID-19 symptoms as recommended by the CDC for fever, cough, or potential exposure.
- At this time we are testing patients who meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing. This will take place in your vehicle and must be arranged through your physician via phone. If your symptoms are significant as determined by your physician you will be redirected to call 541-706-2319 for a phone triage with a Summit Medical Group provider.
- Patients with symptoms of fever, cough, or other symptoms of respiratory infection are required to reschedule their appointments.
- Patients over the age of 60 are in a high-risk category and will only be able to be seen in clinic when urgent.
- As you enter the building we request you use hand sanitizer provided at the front desk.
- Our employees have been advised to stay home if they are sick, wear a mask if they are coughing, and continue to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- We have increased both daily cleaning around the clinic for all surfaces. Your room will be fully sanitized between each patient appointment.
- Waiting room furniture has been re-arranged to allow for more distance between patients.
- We are requesting that patients coming for appointments only bring one other essential person with them such as a caregiver, advocate or adult accompanying a minor if absolutely necessary.
- We have increased phone screening with patients. Calling all patients the day before their appointments and verifying they do not have symptoms or have not been in contact with persons who have had symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We also request that if you are planning to visit CIM you are not returning home to anyone in your household that is at high risk for complications related to COVID 19, including those over the age of 65 or those with cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease, or diabetes.